Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Ten

I am done being fat. I want to comfortably go into my closet, put something on and not try to look at myself in the mirror from 10 different angles to see if my shirt is clinging to my fat rolls or my butt is as wide as a semi... I am just done! I started my new lifestyle today... notice I said new lifestyle, not diet. Eat less, move more, be aware. Below are the ten things I am doing to make this goal a reality.
10. walk at least 3 nights a week
9. NOT eat past 8pm
8. set short term, realistic goals
7. drink lots of water
6. NO sodas during the week
5. chew gum if I feel hungry
4. three meals a day, 3 small snacks a day
3. NOT eat in front of the tv
2. use friends as support
1. take pictures of everything I eat/ keep a food journal
What do you think???

2 comments:

  1. My friend has started a food journal for the new year and swears by it. She says it really holds you accountable for everything your eating. She also makes time to do some form of exercise every single day when possible. She's lost a lot since January and is getting much more fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! You've got it spot on. :-) I'm doing the same thing. Moving every day, being accountable to what I put in my mouth and making it a lifestyle change, not another diet. AND, I'm doing it for all the same reasons you are. ;-) I told Bryan yesterday, if it takes me 2 months, or 6 months, or a year, I am going to be patient and not get discouraged. If I make the right choices everyday I WILL succeed down the road. Just like making the wrong choices everyday WILL make my pants too tight! :-)

    ReplyDelete