Friday, May 14, 2010

Family Friday- dinner and a movie

Tonight we busted out the sleeping bags and all piled in the living room for dinner and a movie. We got $5 pizza from Little Caesar's, rented "Inkheart" and I made shortbread cookies.
Here's the thing about me and cooking... we don't get along. I am an absolute horrid cook. Seriously, I can barely boil water... when I decide to cook, I rarely check to see if I have all the ingredients. I have a very egocentric attitude when it comes to cooking in that I believe that I can defy the laws of physics. If a recipe calls for 3 eggs and I only have 2, I TRULY believe that it won't matter and everything will turn out as it should. Let's take tonight as an example. I wanted to make short bread cookies- craving them for some reason. I had to send Andrew to borrow eggs from the neighbor, couldn't find my baking power, so I used baking soda (that's the same, right???), had no crisco, so I just used butter and then realized I had only granulated sugar for the icing.... so, short story long, I shouldn't have made cookies, but I did anyway and now they're kinda disgusting, but luckily my kids' standards are wayy low and they are eating them anyway!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment