Thursday, February 25, 2010

SNOW!

On Tuesday it snowed here in College Station. I'm not quite sure how much we got, only that it was enough to make the kids go WILD! Around 2:20, I bundled up my class of 18 first graders and we headed outside... I was in ballet flats which was AWESOME! They played for a bit, I got some cute pictures, then we went back in to defrost before ushering them out the door, to go home and play in their own yards.
Once I got the kids home, they entertained themselves for what seemed like HOURS, throwing snowballs, making a rather creative (for lack of a better word) snowman, and making snow angels.
Many hours and hot baths later, they had no trouble going to sleep. After all, because of the 'winter storm,' school had a late start and we were all able to sleep until 8:15! Snow is great about once a year, but there is a REASON I live in Texas (also known as the bi-polar weather state). To Texas kids, snow is magical. That is one of the many reasons I love that my life revolves around children!

No comments:

Post a Comment