Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Thoughts


Today, I've been thinking about my 'Love Language.' This book was very popular a few years ago and thought it might shed some light on how my husband and I communicate and express our feelings to each other. One simple google search led me here, where I took a quiz to see my true love language. Here are the results in order:


  • Words of Affirmation (10)

  • Quality Time (7)

  • Physical Touch (6)

  • Receiving Gifts (4)

  • Acts of Service (3)

I mostly agree with this. I work hard. I do a lot, not to discredit Stacey... he does a lot too, but somehow saying "way to sell that cell phone, babe!" doesn't seem appropriate. I like to be told 'thank you.' I swoon when he puts my face in his hands, looks me in the eye and tells me he's proud of me and that he loves me. If this were my true, only love language, he made out like a bandit! Words are free! I don't require money, time, manual labor... just a voice, HIS voice, telling me he sees me and what I do... he respects what I have accomplished.

However, I do really think my second love language is receiving gifts, and my husband has that one down! He came to school Monday at lunch, just to bring me a Chi latte from Starbucks. Once, at the mall, he told me to go on ahead, that he'd meet me at a particular store in a few minutes, then preceded to go into a jewelry store to buy me a diamond Eiffel Tower necklace. Every year without fail, he presents me with a box (or 10) of Thin Mints because, let's be real, they are AWESOME! There's more... eggnog milkshakes, pints of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, lenses, camera batteries, lens caps... (yes, I DO realize I'm a little strange.. I get it from my mother!)

But it's not the tangible gift that touches my heart. It's that, in our crazy/busy lives, where we are at full throttle from dusk till dawn, he thinks of me. Not only does he think of me, but he takes time out of his day to show me that he was thinking of me.

We've been married over 10 years and I am truly blessed that he works so hard to keep the romance alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment