Friday, March 19, 2010

Family Friday

So, you probably know by now that I am a photographer. I specialize in children and families and there is the occasion that I may need a 'smile maker.' What is a smile maker, you ask? Well, you're looking at one. This is Grace, one of my resident smile makers. See, she makes kids smile. Sometimes, believe it or not, a strange lady holding a big, black box in front of her face, squatting in near impossible positions, singsonging a child's name at them in an attempt to make them smile can be rather intimidating, so.... enter the smile maker~ another little person not put off at all by above mentioned strange lady/ black box combo. Not only is the smile maker uninhibited, but it (she, in this case) usually brings toys and other pretties to catch the scared child's attention. Smile makers are specifically instructed to go where ever the photographer (their mom) tells them, such as "Dangle that dog right above my head," or "go over there and make monkey noises," etc. These little bits of sunshine are cool because they work in exchange for room, board, and a college education! Cheap!... and totally worth every penny :)

*this picture of my beauty Grace was taken as a light test at our shoot yesterday... she did a FAB job making baby Kate smile!

1 comment:

  1. Yes she did more than a fabulous job- Thank You Miss Grace!
    Thanks again for the precious perfect memories you were able to capture of my
    kiddos! I just love everything you do!
    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete