Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Today is Thursday and at almost any other point in my life, I would love this fact because it would mean ... it was almost... FRIDAY! BUT not this week. It's Spring Break, a week in the lives of school teachers everywhere that teases of summer... helps us remember why we do what we do... because there is always an 'end,' which, in turn, creates a new 'beginning.'

I am an instant gratification type of gal. If I want it, then I want a LOT of it and I want it NOW, not tomorrow, not in a week, NOW! It's just who I am.

I think this fact makes me a good teacher... or, should I say, makes teaching a good career for me. I get to instantly see children bloom before my eyes.... and it is REALLY almost instant. Also, teaching is never boring. People that seek instant gratification are often bored easily. Teaching is definitely not that! Plus, think about it. Teachers get to take 18-22 new kids...no, scratch that, 18-22 new FAMILIES into their lives every August. They get to know them, teach them, love them, then send them into the world (or in my case, 2nd grade) and then get a whole NEW 18-22 families the next August.... it is ever changing and no two years are the same.... did you hear me? NO TWO YEARS ARE THE SAME!

This is the best job I could have asked for. I was totally led here by God, as I was NEVER the type to set out spending 7 hours a day with other peoples' children for a living (not to mention an additional 10+ hours PLANNING for above mentioned children weekly).

So there. My Thursday Thoughts on teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment