Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Ten

This Top Ten thing is throwing me for a loop... (what does that mean, anyway?). So, I was thinking of things I'd like to do.... again. These are the top ten experiences that were so amazing, unbelievable, emotional, exceptional, etc. that I'd do (or want to do) all over again in a heartbeat. These are in no particular order...

10. BUILD A HOUSE

Yes, I know, technically this is a 'thing,' but I loved every minute of the building process... the picking and the choosing, the visualizing and the actualizing. I once heard a woman say that if she and her husband had to build a house again, she would be divorced. I never understood that. It was a fabulous experience for us, but I'm lucky in that we were always on the same page with everything...


9. SEE MY HUSBAND SEE THE CHRYSLER BUILDING

I know, weird, but that man is absolutely entranced by that particular piece of architecture... why, I do not know, but I SWEAR we have 5,419 pictures of the Chrysler building taken from every possible part of New York City floating around here somewhere. Hey, we all have our things, right?


8. CHER IN CONCERT

I was in awe. She is a legend.. iconic.. almost not real, but there she was. The woman is 64 and I've NEVER looked as good as she does, though it's a wonder half her body didn't melt in that Vegas heat. It was truly an out of body experience for me to see her with my naked eyeballs.


7. WALK UNDER THE EIFFEL TOWER

Of all the places a little girl dreams of visiting, Paris is always #1. And not just Paris, but Paris with the love of your life...strolling hand in hand, drinking coffee at a sidewalk cafe, getting caught in the rain... I did it ALL. My dreams came true...


6. RECEIVE MY LETTER OF ADMISSION TO TEXAS A&M

I can't really put into words what this felt like, but I just know that after years and years of thinking I wouldn't amount to much, then getting that letter and finally realizing that someone thought I could do it... it was liberating.


5. HEAR 20,000 PEOPLE SING 'PIANO MAN'

"It's 5 o'clock on a Saturday...." Just the man, his piano, and 20,000 voices. It was a moment frozen in time... something my mind will never forget.


4. HOLD MY NEWBORN BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME

I wish I could go back and truly appreciate this will all my senses; feeling smooth, chubby arms and legs and feathery soft hair, hearing those little sucking sounds, grunts and groans, looking into the eyes of something your body created, the smell of powdery sweet skin mixed with milk...


3. GRADUATE

Graduation, the event, wasn't all that special... it was more the 4 1/2 year roller coaster college was for me had come to an end and I was victorious. It was the first significant thing I'd done and the feeling of accomplishment was something I had never felt before.


2. BE A NEWLYWED

I wish I had been more mature, I wish we'd had more money, I wish we'd been smarter with the money we did have, I wish we could have stopped and seized every single moment we had when we were just responsible for ourselves. I would love to relive that, only knowing what I do now...


1. WALK INTO THE HILTON ON THAT JULY DAY FOR TRAINING WITH BEST BUY

I sat down across the table from a man named Stacey Stagg. That day, my life changed forever.

1 comment:

  1. Charly--I'm coming back later for alonger visit!! I have that "piano man" memory etched in my heart too =)
    That concert is a huge part of mine and Andrew's love story.
    love your blog,
    lisa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete