Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Thoughts


This week, I've been thinking a lot about my children and I 've made a desicion. I am letting my computer get in the way of my mothering. I am letting my TV get in the way of my mothering. I am letting my iPhone get in the way of my mothering.


I believe I am a good mother- I think my children are proof of that, BUT I could be so much better. I need to unplug, so.... I am making a commitment to unplug myself from my digital world from 3:30-7:30 every evening. Obviously, I will still have my phone to answer calls, but for the most part, my focus is going to be solely on my home and family. I will NOT let my self get distracted by email or facebook. I will not turn on the TV... you KNOW there's a catch, don't you! My kids won't either. If I am going to unplug, they are too. This will be tragic to a few of them... but they'll live. We can play games, kick the soccer ball, take a walk, eat dinner in peace (without 3 different tvs blaring in 3 different rooms, along with the mystery music the DS likes to provide). Ok, so I have commited to this. We'll see how it all pans out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just read your blog about Ryan and Lu - SO CUTE! And I can definitely see that. I miss you guys bad!

    ReplyDelete